Absolutely Nothing

Once on a yellow piece of paper with green lines
      he wrote a poem
And he called it "Chops"
      because that was the name of his dog
And that's was it was all about
And his teacher gave him an A
      and a gold star
And his mother hung it on the kitchen door 
      and read it to his aunts
That was the year Father Tracy
      took all the kids to the zoo
And he let them sing on the bus
And his little sister was born
      with tiny toenails and no hair
And his moter and father kissed a lot
And the girl around the corner sent him a
      Valentine signed with a row of X's
      and he had to ask his father what the X's meant
And his  father always tucked him in bed at night
And was always there to do it

Once on a piece of white paper with blue lines
      he wrote a poem
And he called it "Autumn"
      because that was the name of season
And that's what it was all about
And his teacher gave him an A
      and he asked him to write more clearly
And his mother never hung it on the kitchen door
      beacuse of its new paint
And the kids told him
      that Father Tracy smoked cigars
And left butts on the pews
And sometimes they would burn holes
That was the year his sister got glasses
      with thick lenses and black frames
And the girl around the corner laughed
      when he asked her to go see Santa Claus
And the kids told him why
      his mother and father kissed a lot
And his father never tucked him in bed at night
And his father got mad
      when he cried for him to do it

Once on a paper torn from his notebook
      he wrote a poem
And he called it "Inocence: A Question"
      because that was the question about his girl
And that's what it was all about
And his profesor gave him an A
     and a strange steady look
And his mother never hung it on the kitchen door
     because he never showed her
That was the year that Father Tracy died
And he forgot how the end
      of the Apostle's Creed went
And he caught his sister
      making out on the back porch
And his mother and father never kissed
      or even talked
And the girl around the corner
      wore too much makeup
That made him cough when he kisses her
      but he kissed her anyway
      because that was the thing to do
And at three A.M he tucked himself into bed
      his father snoring soundly

That's why on the back of a brown paper bag
      he tried another poem
And he called it "Absolutly Nothing"
Because that's what it was really all about
And he gave himself an A
and a slash on each dammed wrist
And he hung it on the bathroom door
      because this time he didn't think
      he could reach the kitchen*.



I really loved that poem and I actually don't know why but it means what it means, and then I think "And that's what it was all about" beacuse that's what it was all about. What else could I say? I still being that person who sometimes at 3 A.M. want to write a poem in a back of a brown paper bag and then give me and slash in each wrist, and then I remember this place is my paper bag so I came here to write "my-no-poem". 

I just finished to read that book, and I know I'm a very bad writing in english or talking in english or everything in english but anyway I really wanted to write in this way, so I just did it. While I was reading that book I though a lot of things like I'm a kind Mary Elizabeth with my non-stopping-talking and I just figure out how difficult should be to stay near to me. 

At the end the only thing that I think is that I want to met someone who doesn't try to sleep with people even if they could have; and that's what I called this like that poem, because "absolutly nothing" is what it was really all about.


*The perk of being a wallflower - Stephen Chbosky


Comentarios